Beef and Veal
Bread and Buns
Casings And Cure
Ordering and Info
(Deer, Venison, Etc.)
Ham Warming Instructions
Turkey Warming Instructions
CLAUS’ GERMAN SAUSAGE & MEATS, INC. (formerly Klemm’s)
In 2013, celebrating 100 years as a family-owned business!!! For a century now, our family has been providing quality meats made on-site weekly, including over 20 different kinds of homemade sausages AND over 40 different types of lunchmeats.
Wholesale & Retail Market
1845 South Shelby Street,
Indianapolis, IN 46203
SPECIAL INFO & HOURS FOR NOVEMBER 2014:
- Saturday, Nov. 15: Deadline to bring us a FROZEN turkey to smoke for you for Thanksgiving week pick-up. Tuesday, Nov. 18: Deadline to bring us a THAWED turkey to smoke for you for Thanksgiving week pick-up.
- Monday, Nov. 24: OPEN 8 to 2.
- Thursday, Nov. 27: CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING DAY.
***ALL OTHER DAYS DURING MONTH OF NOVEMBER ARE REGULAR HOURS.
SPECIAL INFO & HOURS FOR DECEMBER 2014:
- Saturday, Dec. 6: Deadline to bring us a turkey (FROZEN or THAWED) to smoke for you for Christmas. Also, deadline to bring us in deboned wild game meat until AFTER Christmas.
- Wednesday, Dec. 24: OPEN 8 to 12.
- Thursday, Dec. 25: CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS DAY.
- Tuesday, Dec. 30: We restart TAKING in wild game meat again.
- Wednesday, Dec. 31: OPEN 8 to 12.
- Thursday, Jan. 1, 2015: CLOSED FOR NEW YEAR'S DAY.
***ALL OTHER DAYS DURING MONTH OF DECEMBER ARE REGULAR HOURS.
REGULAR HOURS OPEN:
Tuesday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Saturdays, 8 am to 3 pm
Closed Sundays & Mondays
<--Check out the "Pictures" link to see what our store looks like inside and
out, and to see what we do / make right here on site!!!
We have an Indy Go bus stop right outside our door, Route 22 (Shelby St.). See www.indygo.net for further info and schedules.
We are 3/4 mile SOUTH of the fountain in Fountain Square, on the EAST side of Shelby Street. We are 1/3 mile NORTH of the intersection of Shelby and Raymond Street, right where you can get on & off of I-65. That intersection has a stoplight, on one corner is a White Castle, on another corner is a Safeway, the third corner has a BP gas station, and the last corner there has a CVS. Again, from that intersection, we are 1/3 mile NORTH. Please watch your speed! Shelby is only 30 M.P.H.!
***NOTE: All gift certificates have no expiration date, can be written for any amount, and are sold year round.
*** Employees available to speak German.
*** CASH ONLY. NO credit or debit cards. Sorry, we do not accept food stamps.
Owner: Claus Muth, Master sausage maker from Frankfurt, Germany
OUR SPECIALTIES: (Beef, pork, veal & lamb products) Homemade German sausage, luncheon meat, fresh & smoked meats. We cure and smoke our own, and do not add any preservatives or fillers! Sorry, no cheese (except for German hand kaese), no fish (except for herring in a jar & sprats in a tin), no poultry (except for smoked turkey breast lunchmeat).
If you have any special requests, please ask!!!
LAST UPDATED December 9, 2014